Sweet And Sour Kale. A refreshing kale smoothie to satisfy your sweet and sour tooth! A refreshing kale smoothie to satisfy your sweet and sour tooth! This is what I had for dinner today, after a hard work out at the gym.
Kale never goes out of fashion: it is your "dark leafy green health insurance" in a bunch. This nutritional powerhouse is available at the stores year-round, and is a rich source of Vitamins A and C, calcium, manganese, lutein and iron. Serve them with Roasted Yam and Onion Dip for a healthful and delicious dipper. You can cook Sweet And Sour Kale using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet And Sour Kale
- Prepare 1/3 lb of Or one nice bunch of fresh kale.
- It’s 4 of Strips of bacon.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Apple cider vinager.
Whisk all ingredients except kale in a small dish. Place kale in a large bowl and toss with dressing to coat. Spread kale onto a large baking sheet in a single layer (you may have to do this in. A few special additions such as sweet and sour parsnips and pear ribbons transform it into an impressive meal.
Sweet And Sour Kale instructions
- Dice the bacon and onion, brown them in a large pan..
- Once they are to your liking add the flour sugar and vinegar. Mix and bring to a simmer..
- Add the kale. Toss the sweet and sour mixture over the kale. This will take a while if the kale isn't wilting you can add 1/4 cup of water to quicken the process. Cook until the kale is soft should take about 5-10 minutes..
The variety of kale we have been growing in the garden at Kew, called Westland Winter, has absolutely amazing flavour. Case in point: This sweet potato, kale, chickpea and farro soup, which is both impossible to describe using fewer words. Get the recipe and find out how great kale can taste! This delicious salad includes raw kale chopped into tiny pieces and infused for lack of a better expression with a sweet tangy vinaigrette, and brought to new heights with the addition of currants, pine nuts and cheese. Original recipe asks for shavings of Parmesan.