Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice. Or like a cheap and quick jambalaya for weeknights. bair. It worked great with gluten free pasta! Put a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
In the large pot, warm oil over medium-high heat. Pork Loin en Cocotte with Kale, Shallots, and Mustard Beef en Cocotte with Creamy Mushroom Barley and Salsa Verde Chicken Stew with Cheddar Biscuits Classic Chicken Stew with Winter Vegetables Best Beef Stew French-Style Pork Stew. Cajun-Style Rice with Andouille, Shrimp, and Okra Mexican-Style Spaghetti Squash Casserole Chicken,. You can have Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice
- You need 1 cup of white rice.
- It’s 4 cup of water/broth.
- Prepare 1 packages of andouille sausage.
- Prepare 5 of carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of kale, washed.
- It’s 1 of small sweet onion.
- You need 1 of chopped garlic, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Salt & Peper, as needed.
- It’s 3 tbsp of crushed red pepper (optional).
Heat oil in a high-sided pan over medium-high heat. Andouille Sausage Rice Skillet recipe is one of my favorites. This andouille sausage rice skillet has so many great vegetables along with the rice and is an easy recipe you can prepare in record time for your family. Serve it with my cornmeal hoecakes for a quick weeknight meal.
Andouille Kale Stew with Dirty Rice instructions
- Rough chop sausage to bite size and brown in stew pot..
- Remove sausage to bowl, set aside. Add onion to hot stew pots getting all seasoning from pot bottom..
- Once onion softens, add rice and stir while cooking until all white (not translucent)..
- Add 2c water/broth and cook on high uncovered for 10 min. Season to taste..
- Add remaining broth, kale, chopped carrots then season to taste and simmer covered for thirty minutes. Add more water to taste, after 10 min..
- Remove from heat and keep covered until serving..
- Optional: add crushed red peppers to taste. I used 1/3 cup but recommend starting with a couple tbl spoons, stir well and simmer for moment then taste and adjust..
Cauliflower Dirty Rice With Andouille Sausage. This paleofied traditional Creole dish is made with cauliflower rice, Spanish oion, garlic, celery, cloves, bell pepper, Andouille sausage, cayenne, smoked sweet paprika, thyme, oregano, parsley, and more. It works as a side dish, but feel free to serve it up as your main course of the meal! An easy black eyed pea stew with spicy Andouille and hearty kale.[Photographs: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt] This easy black eyed pea stew starts with andouille sausage and pork belly cooked until browned and crisped, then gets flavored with the Holy Trinity of Cajun cuisine: onions, celery, and green bell peppers, along with some leeks and garlic for extra flavor.