Kale and zucchini salad. This easy Grilled Zucchini Ribbon and Kale Salad is perfect for a starter at a dinner party, or main salads if you wanted to add grilled chicken or shrimp! This Kale and Zucchini Salad is a very simple salad designed to address your salad fix, while also making you feel good about eating some of the healthiest foods on the planet. It's packed with antioxidants, fiber, anti-inuflammatory agents, and other nutrients that will set you up for the week, while also tasting really really good.
I had the salad again at the Whole Foods hot bar a couple days later because I just couldn't get enough of the stuff. Put kale, cabbage, apple, radish and almonds in a large bowl. Using a julienne slicer, cut zucchini into spaghetti-like strips. You can cook Kale and zucchini salad using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kale and zucchini salad
- Prepare 1 large of onion( sliced).
- You need 1 of yellow squash( cut into bite size pieces).
- It’s 1 of green zucchini (cut into bite size pieces).
- Prepare 1 small of bunch of young carrots( cut into rounds).
- It’s 1 bunch of of kale.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh chopped thyme.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
Arrange salad in a serving bowl. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with toasted salad seeds. Stir in kale and continue to cook until kale is wilted and tender. Then I made a salad and in the end I made this easy zucchini kale pasta.
Kale and zucchini salad step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in large skillet, add onion, cook until softened..
- Add carrots and cook for 5more minutes..
- Add squash and zucchini and cook until just softened..
- Add honey and thyme, mix well and transfer cooked veggies to a large bowl..
- To the same skillet add second tbsp of oil and add chopped kale..
- When kale wilted add salt and pepper, mix well and transfer to the bowl with previously cooked veggies..
- Add tbsp of balsamic vinegar, mix well. Check for seasoning if more salt and pepper is needed. Enjoy..
Zucchini is my favourite veggie lately, so I already knew that it will go well with kale. This recipe is so simple you just need saute veggies and pasta together in butter for couple minutes and whole dinner is ready. Remove from oven and let cool. For the dressing, add basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt to a blender and blend until the basil is in small flecks. Classic comfort food, served with Southwestern flair.