Sausage -Kale egg bake. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Chorizo or hot Italian sausage can be substituted. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Follow these other freezer tips to ensure your egg and sausage casserole comes out fresh. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese. We love this particular holiday around here. You can cook Sausage -Kale egg bake using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage -Kale egg bake
- It’s 1 lb of Ground sausage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of Sweet potatoes, cubed.
- It’s 1 bunch of Kale, torn into pieces.
- You need 1 pints of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried parsley.
- You need 6 of Eggs.
Not only for the awesome food traditionally included and the copious amounts of candy available to steal borrow from my kids, but also because of the significance of what the holiday represents. This is a never fail make ahead breakfast for a larger crowd of just hungry people! 🙂 Very creamy,cheesy and satisfying! Easy to prepare the night before and simply bake in the morning. I have made this many times when overnight guests are expected.
Sausage -Kale egg bake instructions
- Brown the sausage in the coconut oil and set aside in a mixing bowl, keeping the drippings in the pan. Saute the garlic and onions until soft, then add sweet potatoes and seasoning. When the sweet potatoes are soft and a bit, add the kale and cook until slightly wilted but not mushy..
- Add the cooked vegetables and cherry tomatoes to the sausage careful not to transfer too much liquid. Stir well to combine and pour into a 2.5 quart baking dish. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and, using a spoon, make six evenly spaced indentions in the casserole. Break a whole egg and into each indentions , keeping the yolks intact, and returning to the oven. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the egg whites are set..
How to make Sausage and Egg Casserole. Saute the sausage meat until all browned. Add in and saute the broccoli for another minute. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and cheese. Then I pour the egg/half and half/green onion mixture over that.