Kale and Portobello Lasagna. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender. Add kale, salt and pepper; cook until kale is wilted down. Allow to cool down, then combine with the ricotta cheese.
Vegan cheese sauce and toasted hazelnuts each layer being sprinkled with vegan cheese. Pop the lasagna into the oven and bake until golden and piping hot. Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the slices, overlapping slightly if possible. You can cook Kale and Portobello Lasagna using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kale and Portobello Lasagna
- Prepare 1 cup of coarsely chopped drained jarred roasted red peppers.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried oregeno.
- Prepare 1 can of (28 oz) whole plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 cup of skim mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 large of egg whites.
- Prepare 15 oz of skim ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of Portobello mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1 small of bunch of kale (or spinach), stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic thinly sliced.
- It’s 9 of sheets no-boil lasagna noodles.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
Sprinkle the chopped olives over the kale and top with the remaining polenta. I usually fill them with spinach in my popular spinach lasagna rolls but have been thinking of trying them with kale for a while. These were wonderful, everyone in my home loved them and I will certainly be making them again. Get the Recipe: Healthified Kale and Portobello Lasagna Kale and Tomato Eggs Benedict.
Kale and Portobello Lasagna step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 . Puree the peppers, oregano, tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar in a food processor or blender until smooth and set aside..
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese with the egg whites and ricotta cheese in a medium bowl..
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have released their liquid and are tender (about 10 minutes). Stir in the kale, in batches, and as it wilts add the pepper flakes, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt and continue to cook until the kale is wilted and bright green (about 5 minutes).
- Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture and 1/2 of the mushroom mixture. Repeat layers with sauce, noodles and remaining ricotta and mushrooms. Top with remaining noodles and sauce..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the noodles are tender and the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the pan, about 50 minutes..
- Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup grated mozzarella and continue to bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes, sprinkle with parsley and serve..
Try a new twist on eggs Benedict – this one is easy, healthful and delicious. Add a final layer of lasagna noodles and then add the remaining tomato sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Add nutmeg, salt, pepper and Gruyere cheese. Stir until cheese has melted and add kale. Wait until kale wilts and remove skillet from the heat.