Lentil, Kale and Chorizo Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. This recipe, adapted from "The Alaska from Scratch" Cookbook," by Maya Wilson, transforms a brothy lentil soup into a spicy, warming main dish with the addition of fresh Mexican-style chorizo and chopped kale This simple winter dinner also features carrots, which grow unusually sweet in Alaska's summer light and temperatures, and are a root-cellar staple Sweet or spicy Italian sausage. Chorizo tomato lentil and kale soup tastes delicious.
This red lentil soup with kale and chorizo includes inexpensive, everyday ingredients like sweet potatoes and lentils. A hearty and satisfying winter dinner and also, because it reheats beautifully, a take-to-work lunch. Stir in broth, water, and lentils. You can have Lentil, Kale and Chorizo Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil, Kale and Chorizo Soup
- You need 1 lb of Sausage, Chorizo.
- Prepare 2 cup of Lentil.
- Prepare 3 cup of Kale.
- You need 4 cup of Vegetable Stock.
- You need 1 each of Medium Onion.
- You need 2 each of Carrots.
- Prepare 2 each of Celery.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic cloves.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Simple, Hearty Spanish Style Sausage and Lentil Soup with Kale. Lentils cooked in a rich broth flavored with garlic, onions, chorizo sausage, and smoked paprika are brightened with handfuls of parsley and kale for a Spanish style soup that will warm you up even on the coldest nights. Add chorizo, lentils, chicken stock, bay leaf and salt and pepper. Spicy Chorizo Red Lentil Soup with Kale.
Lentil, Kale and Chorizo Soup step by step
- Rinse lentils at least 3 times until water runs clear..
- Brown Chorizo with olive oil..
- Add vegetables and cook until tender..
- Add vegetable stock, tomato paste, and rinsed lentils..
- Simmer for at least 90 mins until lentils are tinder..
- Add chopped kale and cook for another 30 mins..
Wilt in the kale, and season the kale leaves with a little freshly grated nutmeg. In the Mexican region of Yucatán Península, Lentil soup is a rich combination of pork meat, chorizo, and sausages with carrots and potatoes. See, even though all of us are Mexicans, everyone has its very own particular way of cooking a lentil soup. So, next time you see a recipe for a Mexican Lentil soup thinks twice. Heat the EVOO in a soup pot over medium-high heat.