Cheese fondue. Great Prices and Selection of Cheese Fondue. Find The Best Deals For Fondue Set Cheese. Compare Prices Online And Save Today!
The nutmeg and Kirsch are the finishing touches!" – Sylvia S. Recipe of the Day Shrimp Fondue. A rich, creamy fondue, of sour cream, cream cheese, and cream of shrimp soup. You can cook Cheese fondue using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese fondue
- You need of Steaming of vegetables:.
- Prepare 1 of cauliflower, florets cut into smaller pieces.
- Prepare 5-6 of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare of Cheese fondue dip:.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 20 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 1 of small bottle of white wine (370ml).
- Prepare of Extra mature Gouda, grated.
- Prepare of Gruyere cheese, grated.
- It’s 6-7 slices of Emmental cheese, sliced.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg (add more or less).
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of ground white pepper (add more or less).
- You need 1 teaspoon of cornflour (to thicken cheese mixture).
- Prepare Dash of Cherry Kirsch (optional).
- It’s 3 teaspoons of water (added to cornflour).
- Prepare of Serve fondue with:.
- Prepare of Steamed vegetables.
- Prepare of Continental meat selection.
- Prepare of Cornichons.
- Prepare 3-4 of white bread slices, sliced into chunks (or any bread of preference).
Great for dunking chunks of fresh French bread– or topping a bbq'd. Fondue is a fun and informal way to gather friends and family together. The Swiss continue to promote the dish and its national importance. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue.
Cheese fondue step by step
- For the cauliflower, cut the stems in order to separate large florets. Now cut the large florets into smaller pieces. Slice off the stem ends of the mushroom. Then slice mushrooms. Place vegetables in a steaming basket. On medium heat, steam for 5-6 minutes, once cooked turn off the heat..
- Gather all of the Emmental cheese and slice in half, then horizontal into four pieces. Grate the mature Gouda and gruyere cheese and transfer all of the cheese to a bowl, set aside..
- Crush the garlic cloves and place in a pot with butter. On medium heat, let the butter melt completely..
- Add the bottle of wine to the pot with the melted butter and garlic. Turn the heat up to high to cook out some of the wine for 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add the cheese little by little into the pot. Stir frequently to incorporate cheese. Let the cheese completely dissolve..
- Once cheese has melted, add nutmeg and white pepper. Stir the cheese mixture. In a small bowl add corn flour and water (this thickens the cheese mixture). Add a dash of Cherry Kirsch (optional, I didn't add this as I don't like the taste). Let the cheese fondue cook for a few minutes until it begins to thicken. Turn down the heat to medium low..
- In the meantime place a few slices of the Continental meat selection onto a chopping board and place a few pieces of cornichons on a side plate..
- Slice the bread into thick chunks, (bread can be heated up slightly in oven, optional) and transfer to a large plate. Remove the steamed vegetables from the steamer and transfer to a plate. Lastly, transfer the cheese fondue mixture from the pot into a fondue pot. Place over a stand and burner..
- Enjoy cheese fondue with bread dipped into the melted cheese, along with the steamed vegetables, cut meats and cornichons!.
Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg. Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot. If you'd like to make this cheese fondue recipe without wine, you can substitute unsalted chicken or vegetable stock. For beer cheese fondue, swap the wine for your favorite beer. This would be especially delicious with a cheddar cheese fondue.