Choc Ripple Log Cake. The Choc Ripple Cake is perfect for those who want to impress with minimum effort and maximum impact. You will need to plan ahead a little. However, provided you're organised, this is a simple, versatile and decadent dessert that absolutely anyone can put together.
A chocolate ripple cake is so easy even your kids can do it. Get your kids up to the bench to help out with this scrumptious no-bake cake. Waiting overnight for the cake to soften and set! You can have Choc Ripple Log Cake using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Choc Ripple Log Cake
- It’s 2 cups (500 ml) of Thickened Cream.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Liqueur of your choice *optional.
- It’s of *e.g. Cointreau, Kirsch, Baileys, Grand Marnier, etc.
- Prepare 1 pack (250 g) of Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits.
When you're ready to serve, unwrap the log and lay it on the serving plate. Whip the rest of the cream and cover the log with it – top sides and ends. Decorate with the grated chocolate and almonds.or whatever you like. Tips for making chocolate ripple cake. choose a cream that is suitable for whipping (thickened cream or heavy cream… not light cream); you can replace the caster sugar and vanilla extract with alcohol (such as Kahlua or Baileys) for an adults-only dessert; for a double chocolate twist, add a tbs of cocoa powder to the cream when whipping; if you can't buy Arnott's chocolate ripple.
Choc Ripple Log Cake instructions
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat Cream and Caster Sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add Liqueur of your choice (*optional) and beat well..
- Spread some whipped cream quite thickly on a serving plate to make the base. Stand 1 biscuit upright on its edge. Spread some cream on another biscuit, and place next to the first biscuit and sandwich together. Continue layering with cream and biscuits to form a log OR 2 logs..
- Note: This is just a way to assemble biscuits and cream. Be creative and assemble them as you like, especially to suit the size and shape of the serving plate..
- Spread the remaining cream over the log to cover completely. Place in the fridge overnight or at least for 6 hours to allow the biscuits to soften and set..
- Tips: You can decorate the log with shaved Chocolate OR fruit such as Raspberries or Cherries. When you cut the log, cut diagonally so that you see the stripe pattern..
Join the biscuits together with a little of the whipped cream, lying on the side to create a log. Cover the entire log with remaining whipped cream. Decorate the log by crumbling crushed peppermint chocolate down the centre. Slice on an angle to serve Chocolate Ripple Cake with chocolate cream, chopped honeycomb, Maltesers and raspberries! If there's one recipe you just can't go wrong with, it's got to be a chocolate ripple cake.