Black Forest Cake. The best black forest cake recipe I've tried, and I've tried a lot. The cake baked up beautifully, the cherries were perfect, and the whole thing just came together wonderfully. Taste of Home has the best black forest cake recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips.
Ingredients and How to Make Black Forest Cake. The syrups makes the cake ultra moist – my favorite part of. Black Forest Cake is a traditional German dessert made with chocolate sponge cake layers filled with whipped cream and cherries. You can have Black Forest Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake
- It’s of <Chocolate Cake Ingredients>.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/3 cups Self Raising Flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of BC Soda.
- You need 1/3 cup of Cocoa Powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Butter Milk.
- You need 125 g of Butter *melted.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare of <Filling & Decoration>.
- Prepare 600-800 g of Pitted Dark Cherries (Tinned OR Jarred).
- Prepare 400-600 ml of Thickened Cream.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Kirsch.
- It’s of Dark Chocolate *shaved OR grated.
This delicious cake recipe is completely made from scratch and perfect for special occasions! Being born in Germany this cake was always one of my favorite desserts! It is served at every special family occasion and always a hit! Place one cake layer on a serving plate.
Black Forest Cake instructions
- Bake a chocolate cake 18cm OR 20cm in diameter. My ‘Super Easy Chocolate Cake’ recipe can be found here. (http://www.hirokoliston.com/super-easy-chocolate-cake/) Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely, then cut horizontally into 2 or 3 layers using a large serrated knife..
- Drain the pitted cherries, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Reserve 12 good-looking cherries for decoration..
- Use an electric beater or a whisk to beat cream in a large bowl until firm peaks form. *Note: You may wish to add 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar to the cream before beating. I always add NO sugar to the cream..
- Mix reserved cherry juice and Kirsch in a small bowl..
- Place 1st layer of cake on a serving plate and drizzle over the kirsch mixture. Spread the cream and arrange the cherries evenly. Repeat if you have three layers. Then finish with the top layer of the cake..
- Spread some cream over the top (and side of the cake if you wish). Decorate the cake with the remaining cream, cherries and shaved dark chocolate..
Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream, reserving some to pipe decorations, if desired. Spoon remaining filling onto top of cake. Sift the dry cake ingredients together. Black Forest Cake was a staple when I was growing up (much to my dismay…read on). You know, the grocery store kind with the nuclear red maraschino cherries?