Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu. If using frozen, rinse under cold water to thaw slightly. Then boil gently, stirring occasionally, until a thick sauce is formed. Combine apple juice, rhubarb and strawberries in a pan and gently cook until fruit is just tender, add honey for sweetness if desired.
Wash the strawberries, stem and remove any stale parts. Slice the strawberries and, if the sun has been away on vacation while your strawberries I make traditional Tiramisu and another version with red fruits. In this case, I use some Angostura for a bitter taste. You can have Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu
- Prepare 3 of stalks ★Rhubarb.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s 200 ml of ★Water.
- You need 1 of pack ☆Strawberries.
- You need 30 ml of Kirsch or Champagne.
- You need 3 tbsp of ☆Sugar.
- You need 500 grams of ○Strained yogurt or Fromage Blanc.
- It’s 4 tsp of ○Sliced almonds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Vanilla sugar or sugar.
- You need 8 of biscuits Biscuits.
I loved your idea to use rhubarb!! Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle. "We do a lot of entertaining," relates Tammy Irvine of Whitby, Ontario. "I like to make this easy trifle when I want to impress people. Slices of strawberry and rhubarb are topped with a buttery, brown sugar and oat crumble then baked until golden brown and crunchy. You can try find out more about Strawberry Rhubarb Tiramisu.
Strawberry and Rhubarb Tiramisu step by step
- There are two kinds of Rhubarb. Pictured to the right is red rhubarb..
- Wash the rhubarb, cut it into small pieces, then put it in a pot. Add the water, sugar, and the cut vanilla beans. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes while skimming off the scum. After that, leave to cool..
- Wash the strawberries, cut off the tops and then quarter. If they are small, cut in half. In a pot, also add in the sugar and the champagne and let it sit for a while. Simmer the vanilla beans again for 10 minutes..
- While simmering them, skim the scum off again. Once it's done, let it cool again..
- Break up the biscuits and put them into the containers. Then pour in the rhubarb syrup. About 2 tablespoons per glass and then let it sit..
- Combine the strained yogurt and vanilla sugar and mix well. Add the rhubarb compote and then add the yogurt on top..
- Then add the strawberry compote on top and chill for 6 hours to overnight. Top with roasted almonds before serving and dig in!.
Sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb are a winning flavor combination, but they can turn into a soupy mess when baked unless you take steps to manage their high water content. Fruitcake topping tart caramels wafer donut topping pie pastry. Tiramisu caramels tiramisu marshmallow pudding pastry. This strawberry tiramisu is one of the best desserts ever! Sweet ladyfingers layered with strawberries and a velvety mascarpone filling – so good!