Authentic Strawberry Tart with Simple Ingredients. How to Make an Authentic French Fruit Tart. A tart is a sweet or savory dish made from pastry dough with a firm, crumbly crust. Tarts are typically baked in a pan with shallow sides and a removable bottom since they only have a bottom crust, and are unmolded before serving.
We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. You can have Authentic Strawberry Tart with Simple Ingredients using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Strawberry Tart with Simple Ingredients
- Prepare of (Tart Crust).
- You need 150 grams of Cake flour (Sift).
- Prepare 40 grams of Sugar (brown or granulated).
- Prepare 1/2 of Egg.
- Prepare 70 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare of (Custard Cream).
- Prepare 20 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 2 of Egg yolk.
- You need 40 grams of Sugar (brown or granulated).
- Prepare 200 ml of Milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Kirsch (may be omitted).
- It’s 15 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 15 of Strawberries.
- You need 2 tbsp of Strawberry jam.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
Add melted butter and stir until dough forms. Jam tarts are a perfect beginner baking recipe since they only require a few ingredients and less than an hour to make. You can substitute ready-made shortcrust pastry dough to save time or follow our recipe below to make pastry crust from scratch. Just fill with a little jam or, for lemon tarts, use lemon curd.
Authentic Strawberry Tart with Simple Ingredients instructions
- First, make the tart crust. Cream the butter in a bowl, add the sugar, and mix well. Next, add the egg and mix until creamy..
- Add the sifted flour into the mixture from Step 1. Add the vanilla and fold. Clump the dough together and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour..
- While chilling the dough, make the custard cream. Put the milk in a pot and heat until just before it starts to boil. Combine the egg yolk, sugar, and flour in a bowl and mix well..
- In the bowl from Step 3, add the warmed milk and mix well. Next, return the mixture to the pot you heated the milk in and simmer the mixture..
- Add the butter to the pot. Once the butter melts, turn off the heat. Stir occasionally as the mixture cools..
- Roll the chilled crust dough out into a circle large enough to fill the tart pan. Line the tart pan with the dough and cut off any excess dough. Poke the bottom of the crust all over with a fork..
- Cover the top with aluminum foil and pour in the pie weights. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and foil and bake for another 5 minutes..
- Once baked, fill the tart with the custard cream. Arrange the strawberries on top. Brush heated strawberry jam over the top and enjoy!.
- With the remaining egg white, you can make Pound Cake with Leftover Egg Whites..
Why you need to make this recipe. These Mini Strawberry Tarts are easy to serve! Mini tarts are the cupcakes of the pie world. Guests can pick them up and eat them with their fingers, eliminating the need for plates and silverware when appropriate. I'm adding this recipe to my mini-tart collection.