Romaine, Strawberry & kiwi salad. Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Strawberry Romaine Salad "I love to entertain and cook for family and friends when they drop in," remarks Ileen Adkins of Randle, Washington. "When strawberries are in season, I serve this salad often. But because of its unusual combination of onion and berries, I sometimes have to encourage guests to try it.
My boss brought it for pot-luck and it was a huge hit. Strawberry Romaine Salad ~ Romaine Lettuce, Strawberries, Green Onions and Walnuts! Topped with a to die for Italian Dressing with a Secret Ingredient! You can have Romaine, Strawberry & kiwi salad using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Romaine, Strawberry & kiwi salad
- It’s 6 of Romaine Lettuce (cut into bite size pieces).
- You need 5 of Fresh Strawberries (thinly sliced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Raspberry preserve.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Oil.
- You need 2 of Fresh Kiwi (sliced into thin circles).
This may look like your regular run-of-the mill salad. Here's where the saying "looks can be deceiving" comes in. This strawberry poppyseed salad was inspired by Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad. It's a seasonal favorite on their menu.
Romaine, Strawberry & kiwi salad step by step
- Place the cut up romaine, strawberries, and kiwi in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk the preserve and gradually adding the oil, until thin.
- Drizzle the raspberry dressing over the romaine, and coat lightly..
With the perfect balance of savory chicken, crunchy romaine and fresh berries tossed in homemade Poppy Seed Dressing. The recipe card lays out my standard components when making this salad. However, almost all the ingredients are adaptable for different tastes or what you have on hand. Greens: Use romaine, baby spinach, spring mix, mesclan, butter lettuce, or arugula. If making for a crowd, read below to see how much.