Sweet boiled kumquat. We can eat sweet boiled kumquat whole! Let's enjoy the flavor of kumquat. Aya Nagomi visit host Kanagawa, Japan.
We can eat sweet boiled kumquat whole! The small, evergreen plant with dark green leaves is easy to care for. In addition to the fruit, the tree also bears white, sweet-smelling flowers. You can cook Sweet boiled kumquat using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet boiled kumquat
- Prepare 500 g of kumquat.
- It’s 250 g of sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- You need of vinegar or liquied lemon.
The Nagami is usually more tart than the Meiwa. Meiwa: Meiwa Kumquats are more prevalent in China. Great recipe for Sweetly-Simmered Kumquat, White Beans, and Sweet Potato. This simmered dish makes the best of the flavor of seasonal kumquats.
Sweet boiled kumquat instructions
- Rince the kumquats. Make a small hole on the surface of kumquat..
- Put water and kumquats (step 2) in a pan. Bring to boil to remove the bitter taste..
- Put 100ml water and sugar in a pan. Add kumquats. (step3) and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes until kumquats are tender..
- Add little vinegar or lemon liquid. It's done!.
Since slicing the kumquats into thin slices causes them to fall apart, they are cut in half. In order for the white kidney beans (boiled and canned) not. When ready, drain and add fresh water to the pot again. Bring to a boil and drain immediately. Fill pot again with fresh water, bring to a boil and drain.