Braised Lamb Shanks. Lamb shanks are slowly simmered with fresh rosemary, garlic, tomatoes, and red wine. Lamb shanks are a more budget-friendly part, but they are a tougher cut of meat that's basically begging to be braised or cooked slowly. Braised Lamb Shanks from Delish.com are the hearty dinner you dreamed about last night.
Tough cuts like lamb shanks lend themselves well to a low and slow braise. A braised lamb shanks recipe that is perfect for slow cooking the delicious cut of meat. This easy oven Braised Lamb Shanks recipe yields fall-off-the-bone tender lamb braised in a rich herbed tomato and red wine sauce. You can cook Braised Lamb Shanks using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised Lamb Shanks
- Prepare 2 of large lamb shanks.
- Prepare 2 cans of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 of large diced red peppers.
- You need 2 of large diced yellow peppers.
- Prepare 1 of large diced red onion.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of puréed garlic.
- Prepare 1 Tbls of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Rosemary, Thyme, Salt and Pepoer.
- It’s 1 box of sliced button or shiitake mushrooms.
Since the shank is a section of the lamb's leg, it toughens throughout the To get the best out of your lamb shank, a braising technique is advised. Braised lamb shanks slow cooked in a fantastic sauce with Persian spices, saffron, lemon juice and herbs makes a spectacular feast. Succulent lamb in an amazingly delicious sauce can also be cooked. A friend shared this recipe with me many years ago.
Braised Lamb Shanks step by step
- In a 12 quart nonstick stock pot add olive oil and herbs with veggies and sweat them about 10 mins..
- In a large skillet brown lamb shanks..
- Add crushed tomatoes to stock pot and more herbs as necessary. Bring to a low boil..
- Bring stock pot down to a simmer on low and add lamb shanks ensuring liquid completely covers them..
- Simmer approximately 3-4 hours. Low and slow!.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta!.
My son-in-law loves these lamb shanks as part of a hearty meal with baked potatoes, a hot vegetable and fresh fruit. Balsamic Braised Lamb Shanks – A traditional and delicious Easter main dish prepared with lamb shanks slow cooked to a melt in your mouth perfection with balsamic vinegar, wine, garlic and. Slow cooked lamb shanks braised with peppers and squash in a spicy gravy. Lamb shanks can be found in the lower section of the animal's leg, beneath the knee and shoulder. Braised lamb shanks are a thing of beauty and you can make this easy recipe in the dutch oven Good news for lamb lovers!