Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce. Great recipe for Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce. I actually used my farm raised goat chops for this. But lamb chops will work just as well.
Brad's stove top braised lamb chops. Pakistani Lamb Curry (Dumbay ki Nihari). This recipe makes a curried lamb in a pressure cooker that cooks in an hour and falls apart in a spiced sauce. You can have Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce
- Prepare 3 of lamb chops per serving. 1" thick.
- Prepare of Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dry mustard.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 of shallot, minced.
- Prepare 2 of vine ripened tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of vodka.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, mixed with 1 tbs flour.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
You could make this in a dutch oven instead, but it will take longer.. Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce. I actually used my farm raised goat chops for this. But lamb chops will work just as well..
Brad's lamb chops w/ vodka, tomato, basil, cream sauce step by step
- Coat lamb chops with the seasonings. Let sit for a half hour..
- Add a little oil to a heated fry pan. Add shallots. Saute for 3-4 minutes over medium low heat. Add tomatoes and garlic. Saute 2 more minutes..
- Be very careful with this next step. Make sure nothing is above your pan. Remove from heat for 30 seconds. Add vodka and return to heat. Light vodka with a stick lighter. Flambè until alcohol burns off. This lets the sugars in the tomatoes and shallots caramelize a bit. After the alcohol burns off, let liquid reduce by about 3/4..
- Add basil and cream. Stir very often until sauce gets a thick velvety texture. Season to taste..
- Meanwhile heat another fry pan. Add a touch of oil. Add chops. Cook on medium to medium high heat. 3-4 minutes. Turn chops over and add butter. As the butter browns, spoon over chops to baste. Cook 3-4 minutes on that side. Cook chops to medium rare..
- Plate chops and let rest a couple minutes. Spoon sauce over top. Garnish with fresh basil. I served with my eggplant au gratin. Enjoy..
When I was pregnant with my oldest, there was a lil Italian place near our home that made the BEST vodka sauce I had ever eaten. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil and mint, and set aside until the lamb chops are roasted. Preheat a large, heavy ovenproof fry pan over high heat until very hot. Roasted Lamb Chops with a Cognac Dijon Cream Sauce are the perfect dinner for a chilly night. Make it for a simple meal or a fancy holiday!