Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb. This leg of lamb is butterflied for easy grilling and marinated with rosemary and garlic to give it great flavor. Make it for a big summer cook-out, or The lamb roast was succulent—crusty, flavorful char on the outside, pink and tender on the inside. A butterflied leg of lamb, which cooks quickly and evenly on the grill, has been split down the center, then unfolded and spread open to resemble a butterfly.
In addition to the easy cooking technique, this leg of lamb has a smooth lamby flavor with just the right amount of chew, making. Learn how to grill a lamb leg with this quick & easy recipe. Remove from marinade bag and stick a couple of skewers through the lamb, crosswise. You can have Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb
- Prepare of For the Marinade:.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Rosemary (dried, chopped if fresh).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard.
- You need 5 Tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 4 of large cloves of garlic,. minced.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1-2 Tablespoons of Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional).
- It’s 1 of butterflied leg of lamb, 4-5 lbs.
Have the butcher butterfly the leg of lamb, or do it yourself. Check occasionally to make sure that it is still coated with the marinade and re-cover as necessary. Butterflied leg of lamb has been completely boned and cut open into one large, flat sheet. Choose a fairly lean piece with medium- to deep-red meat and little connective tissue.
Grilled Butterflied Leg Of Lamb instructions
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large plastic bag that contains the lamb (I usually add them to the still frozen lamb and leave in the fridge for 24 hours, turning the bags occasionally), otherwise, marinade for 6 – 12 hours.
- Heat the grill to 500 – 600 degrees F (260 C – 300 C).
- Add the lamb, discarding the marinade.
- Cook 15-20 minutes for medium rare or more according to how you like the meat. But medium rare – medium is perfect for grilled lamb.
- Serve on heated plated..
Grilled leg of lamb develops plenty of flavor, lots of delicious crust and crispy, garlicky bits in this recipe from Chez Panisse chef Cal Peternell. Leg of lamb is a complex bundle of muscles, with layers of fat and connective tissue throughout. Here are four methods for dealing with the wonderful log of meat and how to create Note: This recipe is for grilling bone-in leg of lamb but is easily adapted for BBQ boneless or butterflied leg of lamb. Buying leg of lamb butterflied from the butcher will leave you time to socialize while it is slow-roasting without worrying about uneven cooking. As soon as lamb comes out of the oven, squeeze on lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh herbs.