Lamb & sweet potato curry. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Lamb definition is – a young sheep; especially : one that is less than one year old or without permanent teeth. How to use lamb in a sentence.
A young sheep, especially one that is not yet weaned. b. The flesh of a young sheep used as meat. c. Lamb (island), East Lothian, an island in the Firth of Forth. You can cook Lamb & sweet potato curry using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb & sweet potato curry
- Prepare 500 grams of lamb stewing meat.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 1 of sweet potato (peeled and sliced into half disks).
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of medium curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mild and spicy curry powder.
- It’s 2 of star anise (crushed).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes (or half red chilli chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chutney (I use hot).
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce (I use blairs after death, if you want your curry hotter or milder use a different sauce accordingly).
- It’s 1 of soup packet/stew packet/stock (enough for 500ml water, I used a mutton/veggie soup mix from know, brown onion will also work well).
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala spice mix.
- You need 2 dash of vegtable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic(peeled and chopped).
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 500 ml of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato onion mix.
Lamb Souvlaki "Tender pieces of lamb marinated in a Greek lemon vinaigrette and char-grilled to perfection. I like to serve these with rosemary garlic roasted potatoes, a Greek salad, and pita bread." – Kim's Cooking Now. Get fired up for the best grilled lamb! Lamb, hogget, and mutton, generically sheep meat, are the meat of domestic sheep, Ovis aries.
Lamb & sweet potato curry instructions
- Put the oil, onions, chilli flakes and garlic in a medium pot on the stove on medium heat,.
- When onions start going soft, add tumeric powder mix well and add the meat, add the salt and peper to taste and brown the meat..
- Add the contents of the tomato and mix to the pot mix well. Boil the 500ml water and mix the soup powder in thoroughly ( I use a blender), add chutney and blend again..
- Add the soup mix to the pot and reduce heat to low(curry should simmer gently until finished).
- Add the star anise(2 leaves of the star) and curry powders to the pot, mix well and leave to simmer for an hour – 2 hours..
- Check on the curry every half hour and stir ensuring that it does not stick, add the sweet potato and cook for a further hour..
- Add the garam masala spice mix to a pan and roast on the stove top for 5 minutes, add to the curry and cook for a further 10 minutes. Your curry is now ready to be served and enjoyed with rice and sambals!.
A sheep in its first year is a lamb and its meat is also lamb. A sheep in its second year and its meat are hogget. Generally, "hogget" and "sheep meat" are not used by consumers outside New Zealand and Australia, only the. Lamb shanks are great for serving at dinner parties, since they look so dramatic, but lamb stew meat—cut from the shoulder or the leg—is equally delicious. Or, for a less gamey flavor.