Green Mac and Cheese. Embrace The Cheesiness Of Velveeta Recipes! Trim, halve and wash the leek and peel the garlic, then finely slice with the broccoli stalks, reserving the florets for later. Patrick's Day Mac Cheese Pasta and Noodles Spinach We are using fresh baby spinach and parsley for this recipe.
Use fresh green chiles or the canned variety in this recipe. Drain and rinse with cold water. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. You can cook Green Mac and Cheese using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Mac and Cheese
- You need of Macaroni.
- You need 280 grams of macaroni.
- Prepare 1.5 litre of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Green Paste.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 sprig of rosemary (2 if you fancy).
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 60 grams of spinach (or any kinds of greens you have in your fridge).
- Prepare 30 grams of parsley.
- It’s of Cheese Sauce.
- You need 50 grams of butter.
- It’s 800 grams of half-and-half.
- You need 64 grams of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 255 grams of quick-melted cheese (I use soft cheddar).
- It’s of Topping (optional).
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Cheese.
- Prepare of Cream.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the spinach, parsley, basil, parmesan, and garlic and purée until chunky. Pour over the cheese sauce, then add the grated courgette; mix well. Stir in the macaroni mixture, ensuring the pasta is evenly coated in the cheesy sauce. Transfer to a large baking dish and scatter over the cheese.
Green Mac and Cheese step by step
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Cook the macaroni in simmering water with vegetable oil and salt until al dente (you can chew it but not 100% cooked so you won’t have overcooked macaroni on your plate later). Strain the macaroni.
- Throw all of your green paste ingredients into food processor.
- Make sure you have a smooth looking paste. Do not worry over the smell. It’ll taste good I promise.
- Melt the butter on a pan to start working on the cheese sauce.
- Pour in the half-and-half and add add the flour before the mixture start to simmer. Your mixture will start to thicken so mix it well with a whisker.
- Add 4 tablespoonful of the green paste and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and basil. Don’t forget to taste.
- Add the macaroni and then gently fold it in.
- I cut my cheese into boxes (just because I hate washing cheese shredder) then add them to the pan. Fold them in gently.
- There you have it! Your green mac and cheese. I love to add a pice of butter to my plate of pasta for some extra richness.
- Feel free to add some cheese or both cheese and cream over your mac and cheese in a butter-lined baking dish and continue cooking it in 180 degrees Celcius oven for 10 minutes.
Tip: To make this recipe gluten-free, swap the pasta for Tesco Free From macaroni. Mac and cheese goes southwestern in Rach's latest crowd pleaser made with roasted green chilies. "Chili is meat or vegetable and/or bean thick stew or, it can refer to powdered dried chile peppers," Rach says. "Chile with an e refers to peppers themselves, in this case, New Mexican green chile peppers or Hatch peppers." Mac & Cheese is the ultimate comfort food has a combination of five cheeses that come together to form a rich, creamy sauce that clings to the macaroni. Elbow macaroni is generally used in this dish, but shells, twists, or ribbons will also work just fine. Recipe from Ultimate Veg: Easy & Delicious Meals for Everyone, By Jamie Oliver. If your kids don't like to eat vegetables, sneak them into this delicious ooey gooey mac n' cheese recipe.