Seafood with homemade green curry. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add after bringing to boiling after curry paste addition. Delicious shrimp curry made with Thai green curry paste.
Here's a super creamy Thai green curry with a bunch of prawns, fish, calamari, mussels and crab… What an awesome Thai dinner then! I used a spicy green paste but the yellow or red one are also perfect for this recipe. Shrimp is served with a homemade green curry featuring cumin, coriander, green chile peppers, ginger, garlic, and lemon grass. You can have Seafood with homemade green curry using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood with homemade green curry
- You need 1 of small bunch fresh cilantro.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 2 stalks of green onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped.
- You need 1 of lemongrass stalk, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- You need of Juice and zest of 1 lime.
- You need 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1-14 oz of can coconut milk.
- You need 3-4 oz of fillets firm white fish (I used frozen haddock).
- You need 12 of prawns, 31/40 size, shelled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bay scallops.
Add the coconut milk and shrimp stock and bring to a boil. Add the coconut milk and fish stock and bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch that you mixed with the water if it needs more thickening. Thai green curry: home-cooked vs. street food.
Seafood with homemade green curry instructions
- Pick the leaves off half the cilantro. Set the leaves aside for garnish. Put the stems as well as the remaining cilantro, plus all the ingredients except for the coconut milk and seafood, into a food processor or blender. Blitz until you get a slightly chunky paste..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 to 3 heap tbsp of the curry paste and let cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer..
- Lay the fish into the sauce. I put mine in frozen, so they took about 7 minutes to cook through. If defrosted, they'll take less time. When the fish is almost cooked, add the prawns and scallops. Continue simmering for 2 to 3 minutes until the prawns are pink. Add salt if needed. Chop the cilantro leaves you set aside previously and sprinkle it over the curry. Serve with freshly steamed rice..
Thai green curry is a type of Thai curry that was never really my favorite to eat in Bangkok. That's because when you order green curry (แกงเขียวหวาน gaeng keow wan) on the streets, it can sometimes (not always) be watery, overly sweet, and even bland (there are many exceptions no doubt, but I'm talking in general). A green curry shrimp recipe can be as simple as this: Heat some vegetable oil until warm and saute the curry paste until fragrant. Add coconut milk and chicken stock. Season with salt and sugar (to balance the spiciness).