Awesome Green Beans. I make green beans all the time in this very same manner.here's a tip: When you buy smoked sausage or have leftover ham throw it in the food processor and always have it on hand in the freezer. You will have DOUBLE the flavor in your dishes but the sausage won't "steal the show". Perfect for green beans purple hull peas even gumbo and soup.
Edit: This is a recipe for people that like a tangy vinegar flavor, most kids won't like it. They are delicious and super easy to make. Then add green beans and cook for a minute until beans turn bright green. You can cook Awesome Green Beans using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Awesome Green Beans
- You need 1/2 lb. of fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt (or more, to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper (or more, to taste).
- Prepare Splash of red wine vinegar (or fresh lemon juice).
Add the chicken broth, chopped red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Turn heat to low and cover with a lid, leaving lid cracked to allow steam to escape. These sautéed green beans are my favorite way to make green beans! This recipe is quick and easy, and produce the most tender and delicious green beans.
Awesome Green Beans step by step
- Rinse and trim the green beans and throw them in a large pot. Add just enough water to cover them, then bring them to a boil over high heat. Once at a boil, lower the heat and let them simmer until they are as tender as you'd like them to be. Then drain them into a colander..
- Add the olive oil to the pot. Once it's hot, add the garlic and cook and stir just until it's fragrant. Then add the green beans back to the pot with the seasonings and vinegar and toss to coat them evenly. Taste and add more seasonings or more vinegar to taste if needed. Then serve..
Sautéed green beans make the perfect side to serve with anything like grilled steak, chicken, meatloaf, or even pasta dishes and are perfect to bring to a barbecue! The secret to make a canned green bean taste better isn't the least bit difficult, I promise. Giada's spicy parmesan green beans and kale is an easy dish that will have you licking the plate clean. Add cayenne, garlic and dill seed to jars. In a large saucepan, bring water, vinegar and salt to a boil.