Lebanese Style Green Peas with Tomato Sauce (Bazalla). Great recipe for Lebanese Style Green Peas with Tomato Sauce (Bazalla). I normally use green peas but this time friend of mine gave me dry peas from her garden, they are green peas but i dunno why they dont look that green. Heat the oil and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
I found this wonderful recipe on greek-recipes.com but it started with dried chick peas. Not having the luxury of time, I ended up remaking the recipe with a slightly more convenient ingredients. Stir in green beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and Lebanese spices. You can have Lebanese Style Green Peas with Tomato Sauce (Bazalla) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lebanese Style Green Peas with Tomato Sauce (Bazalla)
- Prepare 1 kg of green peas (frozen one is easier to use).
- You need 7 of carrots.
- You need 1 of brown onion.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 kg of mince beef.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste (or 5 tomatoes, juice them with a blender).
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chopped coriander.
- You need 6 tbsp of cooking oil.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Bazella (Lebanese Stew with Peas) is a classic dish made of peas, beef, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and garlic served over Arabic Rice. Add the onions and garlic to the oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
Lebanese Style Green Peas with Tomato Sauce (Bazalla) instructions
- Cut up the carrots, chop brown onion and garlics..
- Pre-heat saute pan with 3 tbsp of cooking oil, add chopped brown onion, stir it until it turns a bit golden, add mince beef, stir it and wait until the beef cooks well..
- Pre-heat 3 other tbsp of cooking oil in a big pot, add garlic and chopped coriander, stir until it turns a bit golden, add coked mince beef, carrots, and green peas, mix well..
- Add water, tomato paste or tomato juice, and salt, mix well, wait until the water reduces..
- (If you use dry peas, soak them with hot water over night and boil them until they are soft, but it doesnt apply for the frozen ones).
- Enjoy with rice or bread..
Wash the beef with salt to clean and then put the beef into the open pressure cooker. What a great way to dress up plain peas! If you need a quick veggie dish to serve with your next meal, look no further." – Chef Mickey. Creamy Mushroom Peas "I made this recipe as is. It was very easy, and the taste was creamy and mild.