Green Lentil Macaroni *Vegan. The lentils are deliciously spiced and smoky, with fresh tangy mozzarella and creamy avocado to top it off. In a medium-sized soup pot, add the pasta, broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and oregano. Heat the pot until it begins to boil.
Brown and green lentils are probably the most common and may even just be labeled "lentils" without an additional descriptor. They hold their shape well during cooking and are great for salads, soups, stews, burgers and meatloaf. Beluga lentils are named for their resemblance to caviar. You can have Green Lentil Macaroni *Vegan using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Lentil Macaroni *Vegan
- Prepare 2 cups of macaroni (any shape is ok, I use spiral shape).
- You need 3 cups of green lentils.
- It’s 2 of brown onions.
- You need 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 6 cups of water.
In a large pot, add the oil and warm over medium heat. Add the carrots and celery and season with salt and pepper, to taste. This tasty vegetarian and vegan green lentil bolognese is the perfect weeknight dinner, packed with veggies and green lentils in a rich tomato sauce. This bolognese sauce is kid friendly and sure to win over anyone who tries it.
Green Lentil Macaroni *Vegan instructions
- Boil macaroni until well cooked..
- Chop brown onions,.
- Wash green lentils, boil them in 5 cups of water, until they are cooked and tender..
- While waiting for the lentils to cook, add cooking oil and chopped onions into a sauce pan, cook until the onions turn brown, put aside..
- When the green lentils are tender and the water reduces, add onions, boiled macaroni, salt, pepper, and cumin, stir it well until the water reduces..
- Serve it while hot..
I've made this lentil bolognese, like, a bajillion times in the last year. While pasta and lentils are cooking, melt butter in a large saute pan. Add milk and cheese and stir until well combined. Stir in cooked pasta and lentils, add spices and serve warm. This lentil pasta is amazingly easy to make and the results are unparalleled.