Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. A classic BLT sandwich with Southern Fried Green Tomato slices, drizzled with a tangy homemade remoulade sauce. Served on toasted white bread with savory bacon, fresh lettuce and tomato. What if the T in your BLT was a fried green tomato?
Fried Green Tomato BLT Nick Melvin is an Atlanta based chef with some New Orleans twists up his sleeve when it comes to cooking, and his fried green Tomato BLT is no exception. This is not your average blt! Fried green tomatoes are paired with lots of crispy bacon and a spicy aioli. for a twist on the classic sandwich! You can cook Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- It’s 2 of large green tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- You need strips of Cooked bacon.
- You need of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- Prepare of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- You need of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- It’s of Dried chopped onion.
- You need of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Black pepper (ground).
- It’s of Seasoning Salt.
- It’s of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Optional Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need slices of Swiss cheese.
This post has been sponsored by Pepperidge Farm Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own. The first time I had fried green tomatoes was during a family vacation to South Carolina. Season the cornmeal generously with salt and pepper.
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders step by step
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
Dip the tomato slices in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the. Place buttermilk and flour mixture in shallow bowl. Dip tomatoes in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Serve tomatoes on Texas toast with mayonnaise, bacon and lettuce. Just made regular ol' BLT's last night and now I feel like my taste buds got robbed of this fried green tomato special sauce goodness!