Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao. Green peas are known as matar in hindi and Pulao is a Indian rice pilaf. This matar pulao is made with basmati rice, whole spices, herbs & of course green peas as it is the star ingredient of this recipe. Peas pulao recipe or matar pulao recipe with step by step photos – simple and easy to make green peas pulao.
The rich taste of ghee and the mind-blowing aroma of whole spices makes this dish a really mouth-watering one, so good that you can just have it plain without any accompaniments. #Peaspulao #Matarpulao #Abisadupadi In this video we are going to see how to make a delicious Green Peas Pulao or Matar Pulao in simple way. kindly subscribe to our channel like share it with your. Green Pea Pulao: Come winter and the market is loaded with fresh, juicy green peas! And the first thing one would think of making with it is this delicately-flavoured pulao! You can cook Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao
- Prepare 400 g of Basmati rice.
- You need 75 g of ghee or oil.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 of green cardamom pods.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion.
- You need 100 g of frozen green peas, fresh or thawed from frozen.
- It’s 100 g of chopped green beans, fresh or thawed from frozen.
- You need 1 of small handful mint leaves, shredded.
- Prepare 1 handful of cilantro (coriander leaves), shredded.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 800 ml of water.
With the exciting crunch of onions, juicy bites of green peas and the aesthetic flavour of whole spices, the Peas Pulao is indeed an all-time favourite dish, apt for any lunch or dinner menu. Peas Pulao Recipe / Matar Pulao Recipe with step by step pics and a short Youtube video. If you like my video, please share it and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel. The quickest, most aromatic, one-pot meal and an easy lunch box recipe too.
Green Peas Pulao – Matter Pulao step by step
- Wash the rice in cold water then soak for at least 20 minutes..
- Assemble other prepped ingredients..
- Heat ghee or oil over medium-high heat in a thick bottomed large sauce pan, stock pot, or casserole. Add spices and cook until they crackle. Add red onions and sauté until golden brown..
- Add peas and green beans and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Drain the rice add and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add 800ml water and the salt and bring to a boil..
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring gently 2-3 times..
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes..
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with mint and cilantro..
green peas pulao recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. basically a white pulao recipe prepared with only matar or peas and whole spices. while some prefer to cook matar pulao with puree of pudina and coriander. however i like to keep matar pulao simple and do not mix it with pudina pulao or coriander pulao. Matar pulao goes well with any kind of curry or dal. The sweetness of peas with flavoured jeera just makes it simply irrestible. Just load some mango pickle, dahi and roasted papad and a sumptious meal is ready. Do read the notes given to get that perfect pulao or else the pulao will turn mushy.