Canadian Bacon and Green Beans. This is my best part of the movie. When war is declared against Canada, by the Americans, the people at Niagara Falls are the first line of defense. Slow Cooker Bacon Green Bean CasseroleThe Magical Slow Cooker. cream, fresh green beans, fried onions, milk, bacon, Worcestershire sauce.
Fresh beans lend a crisp, bright flavor to any meal. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan. You can have Canadian Bacon and Green Beans using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Canadian Bacon and Green Beans
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped Canadian bacon see my recipe or store bought.
- It’s 1 pound of whole green beans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need 1/3 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
Up your green bean game with these yummy green beans with bacon. Butter, bacon drippings, and crumbled freshly cooked bacon flavor the fresh green beans perfectly. This dish is an excellent alternative to plain steamed green beans or the green bean casserole. Crunchy or Tender: These green beans and bacon are falling-apart tender and full of flavor.
Canadian Bacon and Green Beans step by step
- Melt the butter, add the onion. Sauté 3 minutes. Chop the Canadian bacon and add..
- After 10 minutes add the green beans and stir. Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes. Add salt to taste..
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!!!!!!.
You can also use frozen green beans for this green beans and bacon recipe. You do not need to defrost the beans, nor do you need to increase. Unlike regular bacon, Canadian bacon does not crisp up in its own fat while it is being cooked. It's likened more to a bologna, than a Canadian bacon, and is a common finding throughout New Jersey. Some stores in the Eastern United States have begun carrying these regularly.