Green and White Bean Salad. Our idea of salad for dinner in the height of summer means minimal cooking, lots of fresh greens, and enough protein to feel filling. Here, that means quickly blanched green beans, canned white. Learn how to make White and Green Bean Salad.
Rinse under cold water and transfer to a medium bowl. To make White Bean Salad, open two cans of white beans. Yes, you can also use beans you've cooked yourself from dried, but I'm usually in far too much of a hurry for that! You can cook Green and White Bean Salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green and White Bean Salad
- It’s 2 cups of fresh green beans.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can white beans drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half.
- You need 1 of celery stalk thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Dressing creamy vinaigrette.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Red or white wine vinegar.
- Prepare of Plain yogurt.
- You need of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of See my recipe on creamy vinaigrette to make.
And since it can keep in the fridge without getting all soggy, this white bean salad recipe is ideal for quick meal prep lunches. Green bean cooking technique adapted from The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. Make it dairy free/vegan: Omit the feta cheese, and replace it with an equivalent amount of Kalamata olives (pitted and thinly sliced) and/or sun-dried tomatoes (the oil-packed variety, rinsed and drained). Make it nut free: I haven't tried, but I think this recipe would be good with.
Green and White Bean Salad step by step
- Prep vegetables and beans, stem ends and snapped off, cut into 1 inch pieces for green beans, drain and rinse white beans, cut celery and tomato’s.
- Add all to a bowl, and make creamy vinaigrette. Add the vinaigrette to the bean mixture. (I didn’t add much dressing to mine, make to taste).
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day..
White Bean Salad Cannellini beans, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and plenty of fresh herbs are tossed with a tangy sherry vinaigrette in this refreshing salad. Drain and spread on a paper towels to cool. When ready to serve, add the cooled green beans to the white beans and then the basil, tossing well after each addition. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Kids Advisory Board member Aleeza describes this salad as a "crunchy, velvety bean salad," and we agree.