Green Beans & Egg Noodles. Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes "My family loved it. It was easy and made a colorful dish." – Elaine Calhoun. Lemon Pepper Green Beans "This is a great spin on an old side." – leexlee Savory Green Beans "A richly flavored, elegant side dish.
Giada's spicy parmesan green beans and kale is an easy dish that will have you licking the plate clean. Green beans are the unripe, young fruit and protective pods of various cultivars of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Immature or young pods of the runner bean (Phaseolus coccineus), yardlong bean (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis), and hyacinth bean (Lablab purpureus) are used in a similar way. You can have Green Beans & Egg Noodles using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Beans & Egg Noodles
- Prepare 1 package of egg noodles (16 ounce).
- Prepare 1 (1 lb) of package ground beef.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s of Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 (16 ounce) of package frozen cut green beans, thawed.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of margarine, added at end of recipe.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese (sprinkle).
Green beans are known by many common names, including French beans, string beans, snap. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately. Also called string beans, green beans are made up of small seeds encased in long pods. Because beans are harvested while still young, the pods are tender and edible.
Green Beans & Egg Noodles instructions
- In a large pot brown your ground beef, drain off any fat….
- Place your chopped onion, green pepper and minced garlic into pot with ground beef, sauté until veggies are tender……
- Now add : margarine, black pepper, oregano, and Italian seasoning, sauté all well……
- Next add your bag of thawed green beans, stir well….Heat on very low heat……
- Meanwhile boil your egg noodles until they are done, drain well….
- Add cooked egg noodles to pot of ground beef and veggies, cook on very low heat until everything is mixed well…..I also added 2 more tablespoons of margarine to the ground beef / egg noodle mixture…..
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy 😉!!.
In Season: Green beans are available year-round with a peak season of May to October. Lemon-Parsley Green Beans "Loved the fresh bright flavors of the lemon and parsley with the green beans. Perfect side dish with just about anything." – Happyschmoopies. Savory Green Beans "A richly flavored, elegant side dish. Most Made Today Green Beans With Pecans and Maple Vinaigrette Con Poulos You can make this side dish ahead of time: Toast the pecans, cook the green beans, and make the vinaigrette up to a day in advance, then combine before serving.