Leek, fennel and potato soup. A light, lemony potato, leek, and fennel soup recipe that's perfect in any weather. I've had soup on my mind for a while. A few weeks back, I made and froze a batch of rich vegetable stock (made with the first yellow onions of the season from our CSA).
This soup is comfort in a bowl. I love serving it with chunks of buttered rustic bread as an easy supper. Thick, creamy, and fragrant — with the deliciously salty crunch of bacon — this unusual leek, potato, and fennel soup is equally at home at an everyday dinner or an elegant dinner party. You can have Leek, fennel and potato soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek, fennel and potato soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped leeks.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped fennel.
- You need 1 L of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of Yukon gold potatoes.
- You need of Fennel fronds and tarragon for garnishing.
We had an unusually huge harvest of leeks this year, along with a whole bunch of potatoes, and I. Heat butter and olive oil together in a pot over medium-low heat. Quarter the fennel and discard the tough outer leaves and the hard core from each piece. Slice the rest of the flesh, including any little fronds.
Leek, fennel and potato soup instructions
- In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Sauté 3 cups of chopped leeks and 2 cups of chopped fennel..
- When these turn translucent, add 1 L of water and a chicken bouillon cube. Bring to a boil..
- Add 2 diced Yukon Gold potatoes. Simmer until potatoes become very tender..
- Add salt to taste and fennel fronds and tarragon to garnish. Here’s a photo of the puréed version..
Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the fennel, leeks and potato. This is comfort in a bowl. Fresh, light, filling and dairy-free so you can go for that second bowl. Fennel is quickly becoming a spring staple in my house. There's something about this anise tasting, aromatic and flavorful herb that I have fallen in love with.