Leeks and Potatoes. Find Deals on Potato Leek in Groceries on Amazon. This Vegetable Pan Roast is packed with Leek, Potato, and Steamed Spinach Greens! A flavorful, healthy, and easy to make side dish you can make all in one pan!
Mix together melted butter and oil. Drizzle most of the oil into the potatoes and leeks. Place coated leeks and potatoes onto a baking sheet. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- It’s 2 of large leeks.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 2 quart of water.
- It’s of Precooked extras.
- It’s 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Thickener and frying.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need To taste of salt.
Spread potatoes and leeks out evenly. Place potatoes in a steamer basket in a pan with water. Water shouldn't be higher than the base of the steamer. Discard thyme and scatter the leeks over the potatoes.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add cream, garlic and bay leaf to the skillet, scraping up browned bits of leeks from the bottom of the pan. Pour the cream over the leeks and potatoes and top with the Gruyère. Top with remaining potatoes in a spiral. Peel and slice the potatoes into very thin rounds. Cutting leeks into large pieces (they almost dissolve when thinly sliced) gives them a presence equal to disks of potato, while cooking the vegetables separately—the leeks are braised in butter.