Potato and Leek Soup. Huge Sale on Potato Leek Sou Now on. Buy Potato Leak Soup at Amazon! Winter Leek and Potato Soup "So delicious!
Classic Vichyssoise "Easy, delicious and healthy! This soup is so yummy, you could omit the cream altogether." – daniella. German Leek and Potato Soup "Very good. You can have Potato and Leek Soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- Prepare 6 of medium potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 2 of leeks cleaned and chopped, white and light green part.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can chicken broth.
- You need 1 Tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. They're notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to wash them well. Start by cutting off and discarding the root ends and thick dark green parts. Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- In 3 qt sauce pan simmer potatoes in chicken broth until very tender.
- In a skillet melt butter and sauté leeks until tender, do not brown.
- When potatoes are tender, mash in broth, add leeks and cream.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes, season with salt and white pepper.
- If you prefer it very smooth, after adding leeks blend a blender in batches before adding cream.
What to Serve with Potato Leek Soup Think of this potato soup as you would a potato side, but in liquid form. You don't really need any more starch to round out the meal, but it is hard to resist dipping a slice of crusty bread in this soup. Serve the soup as the starter to a steak dinner (steak and potatoes, right?), or roasted chicken. Stir in bacon and discard bay leaf. Add the potatoes and the vegetable broth, increase the heat to medium-high, and.