Stuffed Canelloni with Leek-Feta-Mozzarella Cheese. Homemade Cannelloni is a rich Italian pasta and cheese recipe that everyone in the family will look forward to! Cannelloni tubes are stuffed with a rich and flavorful ricotta filling, then covered in marinara and a generous topping of baked mozzarella!. Once I figured out how easy it is to fill cannelloni tubes using a zippered bag, I realized it is just as simple to make as stuffed shells or.
Friday, end of week and the weekend just a few hours away in this part of the world. I hope you all had a good week and looking forward to your weekend plans. This recipe is a bit different than the usual stuffed Cannelloni,. You can have Stuffed Canelloni with Leek-Feta-Mozzarella Cheese using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Canelloni with Leek-Feta-Mozzarella Cheese
- You need 1 box of Cannelloni (should have about 20 pieces).
- You need 4 of Leeks chopped.
- Prepare 3 of small packages of Mozzarella.
- Prepare 450 grams of Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 150 grams of Parmesan or any cheese that comes close to Parmesan.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
Manicotti tubes are ridged, larger and slightly thicker; Cannelloni tubes are smooth, a touch smaller and slightly thinner. For your reference, I've included both methods in the recipe box below. Spoon a generous amount of the cheese mixture into each manicotti shell. Drain manicotti; stuff each shell with a piece of string cheese.
Stuffed Canelloni with Leek-Feta-Mozzarella Cheese instructions
- Chopped Leek and place into a small sauce pan with just enough water to cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Grate the Feta and Mozzarella on the wide side of the grader.
- Once the Leek is drained, squeeze so that all the excess water is gone..
- Add into Feta and Mozzarella mix and mix.
- Fill the Cannelloni.
- Beat the eggs with the cream and pour over the Cannelloni. Bake at 180 for 35 minutes. Sometimes the Cannelloni tend to burn a bit, like mine did this time around..
- Just pour a bit of the left over cream, and it work out nicely..
- Kali Orexei !!!.
Place over meat sauce; top with remaining sauce. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add tomato, water, salt and pepper. Stuff cooked manicotti with the mixture. Manicotti is a long, large, tubular pasta that is usually cooked and stuffed with a ricotta cheese filling similar to this classic stuffed shells recipe.