Leek, kale & potato potage. Leeks and kale are both packed with flavor, so putting them together just doubles the pleasure. Overcooking kale and leeks leaves them uninteresting and tasteless, as it does with most fresh vegetables. The best way to prepare fresh leeks and kale is to sauté them quickly so that they don't lose either flavor or nutrition.
Transfer the leeks and kale to a large bowl. While the leeks and kale cook, start the cheese sauce. In a large bowl mix together the potatoes, leeks, kale, baking powder, salt and pepper, cumin, chives, and flour or cornstarch. You can have Leek, kale & potato potage using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leek, kale & potato potage
- You need 4 of leeks chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of kale chopped.
- You need 1 of large potato diced (or 2 small ones).
- It’s 1 liter of seasoned chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
Begin heating a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Boil & Simmer: Add liquids and beans, bring to a slight boil, add kale, turn down heat to low and cook until kale softens and. Add the kale to the pastry case with the leeks. Whisk the eggs, cream, chives and gruyère together, season well, then pour on top of the leeks and kale.
Leek, kale & potato potage step by step
- In a large pot, heat up the oil at medium-high heat..
- Add in the leeks and cook till they're a little tender, stirring often..
- Add in the kale and cook till it's wilted, stirring often..
- Add in the potato cubes and fresh ground black pepper to taste, stirr well..
- Pour in the chicken broth, bring to boil..
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for half an hour..
- Remove from heat, uncover and let cool down for a while..
- Use a hand blender, a regular blender or a food processor to liquify..
- Once done, put back in pot to reheat..
- Serve hot, with a swirl of heavy cream or diced chorizo if desired..
Roasting kale (or any green) until crisp in this peanut-buttery dressing elevates it from a likeable green to a snack that is fought over. Eat straight from the bowl or use to top soups, dal, rice. Mix everything well then add enough vegetable stock to make it a little saucy but not watery. Leeks, like potatoes and kale, are a cold weather crop. If you haven't explored them yet, they're a member of the onion and garlic family, with anti-bacterial agents.