Potato and Leek Soup. Buy Potato Leak Soup at Amazon! Winter Leek and Potato Soup "So delicious! I followed the recipe, doubling the leeks and omitting the cheese.
This soup is so yummy, you could omit the cream altogether." – daniella. German Leek and Potato Soup "Very good. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. You can cook Potato and Leek Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- You need 10 (800 g) of small potatoes.
- You need 4 of Leeks.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp (30 g) of Butter.
- You need 2 cups (480 ml) of water.
- It’s 1-2 branches of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt, more to taste.
- It’s 2 cups (480 ml) of Milk.
It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon, fried leeks, fresh herbs, or. Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. What to Serve with Potato Leek Soup.
Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Cut the white parts of the leeks into about 1 cm pieces..
- Melt butter in a pot and saute the leeks until they start to get soft. Sautéing them helps bring out the flavor!.
- Add the potatoes, salt, water and thyme. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low. Let simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Once the potatoes are soft, add the milk and cook on low for another 5 minutes.Once the potatoes are soft, add the milk and cook on low for another 5 minutes..
- Add more salt to taste and serve..
Think of this potato soup as you would a potato side, but in liquid form. You don't really need any more starch to round out the meal, but it is hard to resist dipping a slice of crusty bread in this soup. Serve the soup as the starter to a steak dinner (steak and potatoes, right?), or roasted chicken. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.