Gazze's Cream Leeks. Gazze's Cream Leeks I made this one night now I love it. Stir in the milk, cream and parsley, then. Low-fat Cream Cheese; creamed leeks with white wine.
All we need are leeks, butter and cream. with a pinch of salt. A deliciously rich side dish ready in minutes. THIS CREAMED LEEK RECIPE IS: GLUTEN FREE AND FANTASTIC. You can cook Gazze's Cream Leeks using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gazze's Cream Leeks
- Prepare 1 of leek cut length way's & finley chopped.
- You need 2 of rashes of your favourite bacon cut into small pieces (optional).
- You need 1 of garlic cloves crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter & a bit of oil for frying.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion chopped fine.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mixed herbs or chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 of small piece of cheese of your choice whit cheese is better (Stilton is a good choice) shredded.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need 150 ml of double cream (more maybe needed if be comes to thick).
- You need 1 of for the topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumb baked in the oven till golden.
- You need 1 of small block cheddar cheese a light colour shredded.
If you've never tried them, you're in for a real treat. The dish is simple: Sliced leeks are sautéed down in a little bit of butter until they're soft and sweet. Then I add cream and a dash of Parmesan (my addition to tradition). The cream binds the leeks together and has that same savory-sweetness of the leeks themselves, while the Parmesan adds a punch of salt to wake it all up.
Gazze's Cream Leeks instructions
- Add leeks onions with butter & oil in a pan then fry untill soft not brown then add garlic for 1 minute then add bacon untill cooked..
- Lower the heat then add the cream (do not boil the cream).then add the cheese melt the cheese then add the herbs. And salt and pepper to taste. (Not to much salt as the bacon is salty).
- Pour the mixture in to a oven proof dish.shred some more cheese then add the bread crumbs in a bag then shake untill mixed then add to the top of the mixture..
- Before cooking heat the oven to gas mark 6 and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes..
- After cooking.😙.
Add the double cream and reduce by half. Add a cup of chicken broth and boil liquid down by half. Add cream, salt, and pepper and reduce until thick and perfect. Add a dash of cayenne and a few drops of lemon juice. Planting leeks can seem daunting, but it shouldn't.