Mushroom, Bacon And Leek Risotto. This bacon, leek, mushroom risotto recipe is truly the ultimate comfort food. Hot, creamy and full of flavour you'll enjoy warming up with this easy dinner without having to worry about consuming excess energy. Risotto is also great to make for lunches, just divide into containers and keep in the fridge for a delicious, easy meal on a busy day.
Ben and I spent much of the past couple of days sequestered indoors – wah-wah. Lincoln came down with a nasty cold last last week that Ben and I both woke up with on Saturday morning. Add the stock, one ladle at a time, stirring and waiting for the rice to absorb the liquid before adding more. You can cook Mushroom, Bacon And Leek Risotto using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom, Bacon And Leek Risotto
- You need 5 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 4 slice of Bacon, chopped.
- You need 2 large of leeks, white and green parts only, chopped.
- It’s 4 of Sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 large of shallot.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 cup of Rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Thyme.
- You need 1 of Parmeasean.
Season, then stir through the bacon along with most of the Parmesan and chives, saving a little of each to scatter over before serving. Bacon, Mushroom & Leek Risotto Leeks, shallots, cremini mushrooms, Parmesan cheese in creamy arborio rice. Then all that gets topped with crispy slivers of applewood bacon and fresh parsley. Melt the butter in a large pan and fry the garlic for a couple of minutes.
Mushroom, Bacon And Leek Risotto step by step
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan then turn heat to low and keep at a simmer..
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium heat then add bacon and saute until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain then set aside..
- Remove all but 2 Tablespoons bacon grease from skillet (add extra virgin olive oil if necessary to equal 2 Tablespoons fat,) then add leeks, mushrooms, and shallot. Turn heat up to medium-high then season with salt and pepper, and then saute until vegetables are tender and starting to turn golden brown, 7-8 minutes. Add garlic then saute for 1 minute. Add rice then stir to coat and cook for 1 more minute..
- Turn heat back down to medium then add wine and stir until absorbed by rice. Add hot chicken broth then stir near constantly until rice is tender and nearly all the broth is absorbed, about 25 minutes. If broth gets to a hard boil, turn heat down. Remove skillet from heat then stir in thyme, parmesan cheese, and cooked bacon, and then serve..
Add the bacon and continue to fry for a few minutes. Add the leek and cook until separated and softened. Next, stir in the rice until coated. Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, leek and mushroom and fry for two minutes, or until soft.