Creamy Potato, Bacon & Leek Soup. Find Deals on Bacon Canned in Groceries on Amazon. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. Cream of Potato Soup Give Recipe. chopped potatoes, pepper, milk, water, flour, onion, butter, salt.
Add a dollop of sour cream and I'm basically swooning into my bowl with every bite. It's easy, delicious, and totally crave-worthy. This Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon is the perfect winter soup. You can cook Creamy Potato, Bacon & Leek Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato, Bacon & Leek Soup
- Prepare 5 medium of to large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of Enough water to cover spuds in pot and a packet of chicken noodle soup mix (or use around 1.5L chicken stock instead of water).
- It’s 2 of Leek, washed and sliced.
- You need 4 of Rasher bacon, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh thyme leaves.
- It’s 300 ml of Sour cream.
- You need 1 of Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of Fresh grated Parmesan to serve.
Made with simple ingredients, this soup is the definition of comfort food. Serve it all by itself or make an apple bacon salad to go on the side and some warm fast easy biscuits. Use a potato masher to smash some of the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and add in cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives, and bacon.
Creamy Potato, Bacon & Leek Soup instructions
- Boil potatoes in water, thyme, salt and pepper and soup mix until soft..
- Meanwhile- fry bacon until you've got some nice colour..
- Remove bacon and add leek to bacon fat. Fry until soft and add leek and bacon to spuds..
- Add cream, take off heat and blend with a stick blender until smoothish and well combined..
- Sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves and grated Parmesan and you are rocking and rolling! Enjoy!.
This soup is so flavorful and hearty, it really only calls for simple sides like a salad with a tangy vinaigrette and maybe some garlic bread for dipping. Additions/Variations Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. When cool, crumble into small pieces. CREAMY POTATO SOUP RECIPE This post is brought to you by Mealthy.