Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup). Melt butter in soup pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks and salt; cook until leeks begin to wilt. Creamy Leek and Potato Soup (Soupe Vichyssoise) Audrey This Creamy Leek and Potato Soup, known in French as Soupe Vichyssoise (or sometimes "Potage Parmentier) is made of puréed leeks and potatoes, enriched with cream.
After you master the basic recipe, be sure to try the recipe variations below. Purée in a food processor or blender. The same article explains that the soup was first called Crème Vichyssoise Glacée, after the spa town. You can cook Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup)
- Prepare 300 grams of Leek (only the white part).
- You need 50 grams of butter.
- You need 10 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium potato.
- It’s 100 ml of heavy cream.
- You need 200 ml of chicken stock.
Add leeks and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add water and bring to a simmer. Return the soup to the pot and whisk in the cream.
Vichyssoise (cream of leek and potatoes soup) step by step
- În a large heavy sauce pan, melt the butter together with the olive oil and add the leek, potato and onion. Fry them a but until translucent. Than add the chicken stock and a bit of salt over the vegetables and bring it to a boil over high heat. Cover partially, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender..
- Correct the seasoning, to taste, and puree with a handheld immersion blender or in batches in a food processor..
- Add in the heavy cream and reheat before serving. Enjoy it! Is delicious..
Stirring all the time, bring the soup to a boil and immediately turn down to a simmer. If the soup is too thick, add a little water or broth. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon, fried leeks, fresh herbs, or.