Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a small shallow bowl, combine the pecans, bread crumbs, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Brush mustard over chicken, then coat with pecan mixture.
Divide the leeks among the chicken breasts, packing the pockets full. Secure the openings with wooden cocktail sticks. The black pudding stuffed chicken breasts are then wrapped in beautiful strips of Prosciutto Crudo giving the chicken an even more mouth watering flavour and lovely saltiness. You can cook Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy
- It’s 2 of Leeks (white & light green part only).
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 2 of cups white button mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 2 of cups chicken stock or broth.
- It’s 4 of tablespoons of butter.
- You need 4 of tablespoons of canola oil.
- You need 1 of tablespoon of sherry wine vinegar.
- You need 1 of salt & fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of flour.
Transfer chicken breasts to a dinner plate and top each with a generous spoonful of the cooked leeks. Once cut, season the chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper, then cook in a hot skillet with some olive oil and butter. Once cooked through, remove the chicken breasts to a plate and make the creamy mushroom and leek sauce. After the sauce has reduced and become creamy, add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce over top.
Chicken stuffed with leeks & mushroom gravy step by step
- Heat your oven to 275°F Fahrenheit.
- Cut the leeks into thin strips about 2 inches long. Rinse them in cold water to remove any dirt..
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a frying pan on medium heat and saute the leeks until soft. 3 to 4 min. And remove to a plate to cool..
- With a small knife slice a pocket lengthwise on each chicken breast and season with salt & pepper inside and outside of the breast.
- Stuff each breast with a 1/4 of the leeks.
- Heat canola oil in a saute pan over medium heat until hot and add chicken. Cook on each side until browned and cook to an internal temp of 165°F Fahrenheit.
- Remve chicken from the pan and keep warm in the oven while making the sauce.
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in the pan and add the mushrooms and garlic..
- Saute mushrooms until golden brown. Add sherry vinegar & cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook the mushrooms for 3min more and whisk in chicken stock. Cook stirring occasionally until sauce thickens about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven place on a plate or serving dish and top with mushroom gravy.
Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Gouda until melted. Divide the cheese mixture among the chicken breasts; roll the chicken around the filling. Add the wine and let it reduce down by half and then add the lemon zest, thyme, mustard, chicken stock and cream. If using skinless chicken, turn pieces in the sauce a few times while cooking to keep it moist).