Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream). Try This Delicious Cream Of Asparagus Soup. Pair It With Bimbo® Flaxseed Bread! Leek, Potato, and Bacon Soup is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
THIS POTATO LEEK SOUP IS MEGA CREAMY (WITHOUT ANY HEAVY CREAM!), COMFORTING, FLAVORFUL AND SO EASY! This Potato Leek Soup recipe is SO lusciously rich and velvety, you won't believe it's low fat without any cheese or cream! Most importantly, you won't believe how deeply satisfying, cozy and comforting it is. You can cook Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream)
- You need 2 large of leeks, thinly slice.
- You need 2 large of peeled potatos, 1 cubed and 1 in half.
- You need 2 stick of celery, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
This Potato Leek Soup is made with fragrant leeks simmered with buttery potatoes. Add sautéed leeks and onion, garlic, potato cubes and spices. Puree the soup with a blender or immersion blender. Pour soup back in pot and reheat.
Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream) step by step
- In a large pot, add the grapeseed oil, sauteè all the veggies, except the pitatoes, untill wilted.
- Add the chicken broth, the potatoes and the thyme.boil until the potatoes are soft..
- Take out the whole potatoes and 1/2 cup of liquid and pour both in a blender until becomes creamy.
- Return the blended potatoe to the boiling pot, reduce to medium temperature and incorporate completely..
- Move constantly for 15 more minutes.
- Add salt if you like, doesn't need it..
This potato and leek soup without cream freezes exceptionally well though (as well as any other cream soups made without the cream). The key is to just omit the cream when you make the soup. Transfer the blended potato and leek soup (without the cream) to an airtight container in the freezer. Classic potato leek soup has all the comforts of cold weather-cooking wrapped into one — a good bit of butter, slightly caramelized leeks and onions, creamy Yukon gold potatoes, and a splash of heavy cream for good measure. Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil.