Chicken and Leek Rice Pilaf. Add the chicken breasts, zip the bag and give it a good shake until the chicken breasts are evenly covered in the marinade. One such dish that I like a lot this time of year is Rachael Ray's Lemon Chicken and Leek Rice Pilaf. It's light, bright from the lemon juice, and comforting.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towel; season with ½ the spice blend and S&P. Transfer to a cutting board, leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan. You need leeks, chicken, rice, stock, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, salt and oil. You can cook Chicken and Leek Rice Pilaf using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Leek Rice Pilaf
- Prepare 1 of Half chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of small shredded carrot.
- Prepare 2 of leeks cleaned, trimmed and chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry wine (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
I really wanted to keep things simple for this recipe. Fry some spices and sauté the leeks. Put everything else including the chicken back into the pot, cover and cook. Nestle the chicken in the rice mix.
Chicken and Leek Rice Pilaf step by step
- Heat the olive oil. Add the chopped leek and shredded carrot and fry them a bit until the leek is going to be a bit soft..
- Add the chicken cut in pieces and season it with salt, fresh ground pepper, curry powder and saffron.
- Add the wine and let it cook until evaporates..
- Add the rice and the chicken stock and bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until almost tender, 15 minutes..
- If you want you can put it 10 minutes inside the oven at 180°C.
- Enjoy it with your family!.
Pour over the stock and season. The Best Chicken Leek Casserole Recipes on Yummly Chicken-leek Casserole, Chicken Leek Casserole, Chicken Leek Casserole. How to Make Chicken and Rice Pilaf. In a large bowl, whisk together mushroom soup, chicken broth, sherry, and dry onion soup mix seasoning until completely combined.