Hotdog and Leek in Whole Grain Mustard Sauce. See great recipes for Ramen With Whole Grain Mustard Sauce too! I use wholegrain mustard in the sauce. Sometimes called Granary Mustard, it contains whole or cracked mustard seeds which give it a great texture and a lovely flavour.
Most people when thinking of a hot wiener think chili dog, however in the mid Hudson Valley of NY the hot wiener is totally different. Its more of a hot dog with a sauce than a hot dog with chili. Served on a steamed bun with finely chopped onions and mustard. You can cook Hotdog and Leek in Whole Grain Mustard Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hotdog and Leek in Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- It’s 1 large of leek slice thinly.
- You need 3 stick of Hotdog slice into strip.
- You need of WHOLE GRAIN MUSTARD SAUCE.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of whole grain mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Place thyme and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add leeks. Use a slotted spoon to transfer leeks to a serving dish. Whisk mustard with stock and drizzle over leeks.
Hotdog and Leek in Whole Grain Mustard Sauce instructions
- Mix the whole grain mustard with honey,olive oil and Worcestershire sauce then set aside.
- Thinly slice leek and slice up hotdog too,with oil deep fry the leek till its lightly crispy then set aside,.
- With little oil pan fry the hotdog strip for 1 minutes then add in the wholegrain mustard sauce and mix well and off the heat.
Slowly whisk in broth and vermouth, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps. Stir in the chicken stock and mustard and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced. Pour in the chicken stock and stir gently until the sauce begins to thicken. Bring to the boil, add in the wholegrain mustard and diced cooking apple and pour this sauce over the pork chops and cover with tin foil. Cook in the oven for an hour until the sauce has thickened and the pork chops are very tender.