Chicken with leek puree and macadamia nuts. I prefer salt reduced stocks as I like to control how much salt I add. Transfer the cooked leek mixture to a blender or food processor and puree with cream or a little extra stock until smooth and thick. Grind macadamia nuts and garlic to small crumbs.
Warm the saucepan of Macadamia Puree gently on low heat. To plate, make a circle of Macadamia Puree in the centre of the plate. Spoon Minestrone around the puree, leaving most of the liquid in the pan. You can have Chicken with leek puree and macadamia nuts using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken with leek puree and macadamia nuts
- It’s of chicken.
- You need 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pistacchio dukkah.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of leek puree.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 1/4 of cauliflower.
- You need 1 cup of stock (fish; vegetable).
- It’s of macadamia crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of salted macadamias.
- Prepare 1 of zest of whole lemon.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 of juice of whole lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh oregano leaves.
Lightly drizzle olive oil over the Minestrone. Garnish with fennel fronds, micro watercress and mustard cress. This easy chicken leek and mushroom dinner is a complete meal on just one pan – with almost no work. You can even dice up some potatoes to bake with the chicken and leeks for a crowd pleasing Irish feast everyone will love.
Chicken with leek puree and macadamia nuts step by step
- For the chicken step 1: coat in oil and dukkah and set aside to marinade for 20 mins.
- For macadamia crumbs: place the macadamia nuts, lemon zest and garlic in a food processor and grind into small crumbs. Heat the butter in a frying pan and lightly toast the mixture, stirring regularly. Turn the heat off, add lemon juice and stir together..
- For the puree: heat butter in a pan and sautee the leek until golden. Add cauliflower and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until cauliflower is aldente. Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth..
- For the chicken step 2: Heat butter in frying pan on high heat, then turn to medium. Add chicken and cook for 10 mins each side, or until cooked through. Slice into 1cm slices..
- To serve: Spoon the puree onto plates. Lay chicken slices across the puree, and sprinkle the macadamia crumbs and oregano leaves over the top..
Cock-a-leekie Soup (with chicken) from The Domestic Man. Leek Fennel Apple & Walnuts Soup with Turmeric (Vegan, Paleo) from The First Mess. Hearty Salmon Chowder with Leeks (AIP) from Healing Family Eats. Cleansing Spinach & Leek Soup from Claire Yates (guest recipe on EDP). When chicken is cooked, juices will run clear when pricked with a fork.