Kanya's Tofu and Leeks in Clay Pot. The scrumptious pot of tofu, pork belly and vegetables is truly a one pot wonder which the whole family can enjoy together at the dinner table! *Tip* pork belly can be replaced by other meats or even seafood too. I'd like to introduce you a very easy and yet super delicious recipe today. I was introduced to this recipe by a family uncle.
Remove the claypot from the heat and serve in the claypot with cooked white rice. Clay pot is also called "sand pot" (沙锅), it has a glazed interior and comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. For tofu skin, cut the tofu skin into squares, wrap up the fish paste and deep-fry it. You can cook Kanya's Tofu and Leeks in Clay Pot using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kanya's Tofu and Leeks in Clay Pot
- Prepare 1 of ginger.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 of hot chili.
- Prepare 1 of leeks,sliced.
- You need 1 of coriander to garnish.
- It’s 1 of soft tofu,about 150 grams,square.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
I especially love the texture of deep-fried yong tow foo, they are just so great, just like my favorite Ampang Yong. The Instant Pot version of one of the most popular recipe on my blog! This Instant Pot Tofu Tikka Masala is a quick vegan meal which is flavored with spices like coriander, garam masala and curry powder. The sauce is made with onions, tomatoes and coconut milk and pairs well with bread or rice.
Kanya's Tofu and Leeks in Clay Pot instructions
- Slice ginger ,garlic,chili,divide 2 sliced (each )to fry tofu in clay pot.
- Finely chop remain ginger,garlic and chili.
- In clay pot add some oil,fry garlic,ginger until get good smell on medium heat.
- Add tofu ,fry wait until one side is golden ,then flip to another side ,until done all 4 side.
- Make ginger sauce by combine finely chopped ingredients with all sauce ingredients ,add half of water ,bring to simmer in small sauce pan.
- Pour sauce over tofu in clay pot ,add water ,cover lids,and let it simmer with sauce for 8 more mins.
- Serve hot with sliced of chili and garnish with coriander :).
Freezing tofu completely changes its texture, making it chewy and spongy. Clay pot cooking is a process of cooking food in a pot made of unglazed or glazed pottery. Different cultures have different techniques of cooking food in clay pots. Some use pots that are fully finished by burnishing and therefore do not require the pot to be soaked each time before use. This is a super-quick, vegan version of the classic Indian spinach dish.