Leek Omelette. This easy vegetarian mushroom and leek omelet recipe is a quick way to get some veggies along with your morning eggs, and the leeks impart a rustic, earthy flavor that goes well with the eggs. An easy vegetarian omelet is a quick vegetarian breakfast for any day of the week. QUICK AND EASY TASTY LIGHT DIET BRUNCH.
To add a bit of umami to this leek and sweet potato omelette, a dash of parmesan and a pinch of rosemary was thrown in as well. This is a flat omelette, finished off under the grill, so it shouldn't be folded – just simply cut in half or in quarters. This recipe is from Delia's Frugal Food. You can have Leek Omelette using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leek Omelette
- Prepare of EGGS.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s of ADDITIONAL ADD ON OPTION.
- You need 2 slice of chedder cheese strip or any cheese.
- You need 1 stick of leek slice thinly into rings.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need of OPTIONAL GARNISH.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each of heinz tomato and chili sauce.
British, Omelette Recipes, Eggs recipes; Add to favourites. Beat together the eggs, milk and chives. Fold in half and keep warm while cooking the other three omelettes. This bacon and leek omelette is perfect for a weekend brunch or lunch.
Leek Omelette step by step
- Season eggs then set aside.
- With butter lightly sauté leeks 1 minute then add beaten eggs.
- Additional add on chedder cheese then cover lid for 2 minute till cheese are melted and eggs are lightly brown and crisps.
- Flip one side of the omelette and serve as a light diet brunch or sandwich fillings or as side dish.
- OPTIONAL SERVING LEEKS OMELETTE TOP HEINZ TOMATO AND CHILI SAUCE.
I made two versions – added some cheese to one of them, and some fresh herbs to the other one. Serve it with wholesome bread and/or a crunchy salad. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes in half, then into slices about ½cm thick. Beat the eggs, season, then stir in the cheese and sage. Add a little extra butter to the pan if needed, tip in the potatoes, then the egg mixture.