tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes. heat oil in large dutch oven or stockpot over medium high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the roast to pan and brown all sides.
See great recipes for Roast Beef Sliders too! Return beef to pan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. You can cook tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes peeled.
- You need 1 of turnip peeled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of beef chuck or rump, boneless trimmed of fat.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
Add sweet potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, parsnips and turnip to pan. Scrub and quarter potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the carrots, butter, oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. How to Make Herb & Honey Mustard Roast Beef with Potato Salad & Horseradish Cream Sauce.
tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes instructions
- heat oil in large dutch oven or stockpot over medium high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the roast to pan and brown all sides. Using tongs remove it from pan and set aside…To same pan add leeks, sweet potatoes and turnip….( chopped of course).. and stir a few times, until veggies begin to brown…..
- whisk remaining ingredient in medium bowl.
- return meat to pan and add sauce.
- bring to boil…then cover…..reduce heat to low.
- turn roast every 20 minutes or so…until meat and veggies are tender about 1 1/4 hours.
- let rest 15 minutes….. enjoy.
Heat a large pan and add a drizzle of olive oil. This recipe uses large chunks of tender rump steak, but you can use any beef from rump to the cheaper stewing beef as this is a long, slow-cooked recipe, so is well suited to less tender cuts. Meanwhile, steam or boil the sweet potatoes until tender. Drain the potatoes well and mash with the butter. Season with salt and pepper and spread into a single layer.