Leek and Potato soup with bacon. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Puree half the soup in a blender (remove the filler cap to let steam escape), then return to the pot. Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
Melt the butter in a large pan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden. Tip in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, then cover and turn down the heat. Bacon flavors this hearty potato soup, along with leeks and onions. You can cook Leek and Potato soup with bacon using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leek and Potato soup with bacon
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 bunch of leeks.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 medium of yellow potatoes.
- Prepare 32 oz of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of chives.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 6 slice of cooked bacon.
Serve with crusty rolls or cornbread and a tossed salad for a delicious and satisfying meal. Ingredients A creamy and thick Potato & Leek Soup, with the delicious addition of bacon (makes all things better), this soup is an excellent winter warmer. You will get around four serves of Potato Bacon and Leek Soup from this recipe, and if you are making it using the regular method, you can certainly double the ingredients to feed a crowd (the cooking time will be a little longer) however please DON'T increase the quantities if making this soup using a Thermomix or other type of Thermal cooking machine as you will exceed the maximum capacity. Download our free app to search, save and sort your favourite recipes and get inspiration on the go.
Leek and Potato soup with bacon instructions
- Thinly slice leeks and sweat with butter garlic and a pinch of salt for 25 mins.
- Peel and dice potatoes add to pot with vegetable broth and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 mins.
- Mix vinegar and milk during the last five mins of simmering.
- Remove from heat and mix milk and cream into soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Garnish with chives and bacon.
Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon Recipe – quick and easy to make, smooth and flavorful, perfect for lunch or dinner. This soup could be made year round and keeps well in the fridge or freezer. Kid friendly, perfectly seasoned, warm, topped with crunchy and flavorful bacon and parsley. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine.