Creamy Potato Leek Soup. In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. This creamy leek soup calls for a full, mellow wine that echoes its richness such as a white. Potato and leek soup is one of the most satisfying creamy soups.
The leek and potato pairing starts with the. A No Cream Potato Leek Soup That's Creamy and Delicious. This easy potato soup is a favorite of mine and when fall arrives, this is one of my go-to dishes! You can cook Creamy Potato Leek Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 1/2 large of Leek, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 large of Onion, chopped.
- You need 3 medium of Potatoes, cubed(small).
- Prepare 4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Cooking Cream.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder(really 1/8, didn't have that option).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pepper (really1/8).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
I love that it's super creamy without adding any fatty cream. Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. No need for cream to make this soup creamy!
Creamy Potato Leek Soup step by step
- In a large pot melt butter and sauté onion and leek for about 10 minutes..
- Add the water and potatoes, bring to a boil then let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes..
- Let it cool enough so as not to crack your blender. Place in blender and blend until most everything is smooth..
- Place back in pot on low heat, add the cream, garlic, salt and pepper ( or to your taste).
- Ready to eat! Things my family and I think would also be great with this: a sprinkle of chili powder or hot sauce once served, or some chopped up bits of cooked bacon after it has been blended and back in the pot, just a nice grilled cheese, or some crusty bread..
Just blend the cooked soup with an immersion blender or standing blender until thick and smooth. The potato leek soup is one of the recipes I prepared for my week experiencing the SNAP food challenge. In spite of the name, this creamy vegan potato leek soup contains not a drop of cream, cashew cream, coconut milk, soy milk, or any other dairy substitutes. Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using an immersion blender (or in batches in a blender or food processor), blend the soup until smooth.