creamy potatoes and leeks soup. To make the soup, melt the butter in a large soup pot, then add the chopped leeks and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and wilted. Next, add the potatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
This Creamy Potato Leek Soup is so unbelievably easy to make that it's sure to become a staple in your house this winter. Just top with fresh chives and serve warm for a meal your family will love! This soup is full of creamy potatoes, crisp leeks, and rich bacon. You can have creamy potatoes and leeks soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of creamy potatoes and leeks soup
- It’s 750 grams of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 large of leeks.
- Prepare 100 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 liter of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thick cream.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
Winter Leek and Potato Soup "So delicious! I followed the recipe, doubling the leeks and omitting the cheese. I will make this every time we get leeks in our CSA box." – Rebekah. Classic Vichyssoise "Easy, delicious and healthy!
creamy potatoes and leeks soup step by step
- chop potatoes & leeks in small pieces.
- melt butter in a pot and add potatoes & leeks and sauté for about 3 or 4 minutes.
- add chicken stock , bring it to a boil then reduce heat cook potatoes & leeks for 20 minutes make sure the potatoes are soft.
- wait for 10 minutes allow it to cool down abit use a hand held blender, blitz until potatoes & leeks are smooth.
- add and stir in cream and bring it back to a simmer add seasoning (salt).
- serving couple of pinch of creak black pepper.
This soup is so yummy, you could omit the cream altogether." – daniella. German Leek and Potato Soup "Very good. To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. Purée the soup using a blender to get a creamy consistency. What Kind of Potatoes Do You Use for Potato Leek Soup?