Potato and Leek Soup. Save On Organic Food, Natural Snacks, Nut Butters, Tea, Coffee, and Bars, at Vitacost®! Winter Leek and Potato Soup "So delicious! I followed the recipe, doubling the leeks and omitting the cheese.
This soup is so yummy, you could omit the cream altogether." – daniella. German Leek and Potato Soup "Very good. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. You can have Potato and Leek Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- You need 2 stalk of celery, slice.
- It’s 2 of Carrot, cut in cubes.
- It’s 2 medium of onion slice.
- Prepare 3 of Leek, slice.
- It’s 2 of Garlic cloves, slice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 liter of 1to 2 litre of Water.
- It’s 2 quart of Vegetable or chicken broth.
- It’s 1 lb of White potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes.
It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon, fried leeks, fresh herbs, or. Put the chicken stock, potatoes, leeks, celery, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. What to Serve with Potato Leek Soup.
Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- Add broth in water and bring to boil..
- Meanwhile, Heat oil and fry vegetables except potatoes for 10 minutes till carrots are tender, partially cover with a lid or cook for 5 minutes for longer hours of cooking..
- Add everything to the broth and cook for 10 minutes or 2-3 hours in medium heat for better taste. Add salt and pepper..
- You can serve like that or puree in a food processor for 1 or 2 second..
Think of this potato soup as you would a potato side, but in liquid form. You don't really need any more starch to round out the meal, but it is hard to resist dipping a slice of crusty bread in this soup. Serve the soup as the starter to a steak dinner (steak and potatoes, right?), or roasted chicken. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.