Baked Beans of the Plains. In an oven safe Dutch oven crisp the bacon and set aside. We called them "baked" even though this version is cooked on the stovetop. It has become my little Grandson's favorite recipe.
I love Asian, Mediterranean, and Southern food. Check out delicious baked bean recipes, each using a different kind of Randall Beans like our kidney beans, pinto beans, mixed beans and, of course, traditional great northern beans. Be sure to give these recipes a try this summer and see for yourself how well different kinds of beans can work in baked bean recipes. You can have Baked Beans of the Plains using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Beans of the Plains
- It’s 55 ounces of baked beans I used Bush best homestyle divided.
- You need 3 cups of leftover baby back rib meat.
- It’s 1 pound of baby back ribs bone in.
- It’s 1/2 cup of hatch green peppers.
- You need 1/3 cup of shallots diced.
- You need 4 slices of smoked bacon.
Baked beans make for a perfect side dish to smoky ribs. Check out Tyler's version with chipotle chiles, and other tasty BBQ sides. Great recipe for Dried Basil Pesto. Sometimes you need to make something, but you don't have exactly what you need.
Baked Beans of the Plains step by step
- Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit. In an oven safe Dutch oven crisp the bacon and set aside..
- Take the meat off the bone of the grilled baby back ribs, and chop up. Set 1 pound of grilled ribs, bone in, aside..
- Chop the hatch pepper up with the shallots. Sauté in the bacon drippings. When the shallots are incandescent add the chopped rib meat. Sauté 8 minutes..
- Add a quart of the beans, with the juices, to the shallot rib meat mixture. Reserve 1 cup of the meat. Let the beans cook down 20 minutes and add the remainder of the meat..
- Stir till it's bubbly. Add the remainder of the beans. Chop the bacon sprinkle on top. Put in the oven..
- Bake 15 minutes, then add the pound of ribs to the oven wrapped in aluminum foil, finish with the beans 20 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes. Serve, I hope you enjoy!!.
So you adapt and try something. Well I did not have fresh basil so I used dried. Kidney beans, baked beans and butter beans are combined with ground beef, bacon and onion in this hearty dish. By Dee Dee; Baked Beans, Texas Ranger. Want to wow everyone at the bar-b-que?